I’m Mark, wedding photographer at Gold Hat Photography. I absolutely love shooting weddings. No other day contains so much love, laughter and tears than the day you say I do.
I consider it a huge privilege to be a part of the most special day of you life, and to be given the reponsibility of documenting it as honestly and artistically as possible.
On this site you’ll find a small selection of my favourite images from recent weddings I’ve shot. If you’re interested to see the photos from an entire wedding, I’d be happy to share a gallery with you.
I spend a large part of each year traveling to cover destination weddings around the world. I’m based for half the year in Sydney, Australia, and the other half in Nottingham, England. If you’re planning a wedding overseas, I’d love to hear more about it.
My Wedding Photography Style
I approach each wedding with fresh eyes, ready to capture real moments and raw emotion, as candidly as possible to create something truly unique.
My style is Candid, Creative and Emotional.
Candid because I want to use natural wedding photography to capture real moments as they unfurl, not interfering at all with the flow of your wedding day.
Creative because I want all your photos to be unique, telling your wedding story in a way that is imaginative and interesting.
Emotional because I want your heart to swell and your eyes to well up every time you look at your wedding photos.
Testimonials & Features
Not wanting to blow my own trumpet too much, you can read the kind words recent clients have left about my services here.
My work has been featured in several publications including the Huffington Post, the Daily Mail, the Sydney Morning Herald, Yahoo 7 News, and pretty much all the major wedding blogs: Brides.com, Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Poka Dot Bride, Cosmopolitan Bride, etc etc.
I also made the finals in the Capture Mag 2016 Best Emerging Wedding Photographer in Australia & New Zealand awards.
To be honest though, awards and features don’t really mean much at all. What matters most is whether my style of photography resonates with you, and whether you can imagine entrusting the most important day of your lives to be documented by me.
A few random facts about me…
- I’m half English, half Japanese. I’m possibly the tallest half Japanese you’ll ever meet.
- I grew up in Nottingham in the UK. Nottingham is famous for Robin Hood and Paul Smith.
- I shot my own wedding! Somehow it made it to the Huffington Post, the Daily mail, MamaMia…
- I was famous in Japan for 1 year after starring in a prime time tv drama. My acting sucked!
- My mum served the Beatles on a JAL flight in the 1960s. We have a signed photo on the wall at home.
- I’m the Grounds of Alexandria’s recommended wedding photographer – here’s 12 things I love about Grounds of Alexandria Weddings.
- I lived in Paris for 1 year; Tokyo for 7; and now Sydney for 8. I miss the UK!
- We have two little boys – Leo and Harry. Here’s some photos of us on holiday in Canada recently.
- I love being outdoors. In fact, most of my favourite wedding photography locations are outside.
- I run a site for photographers called Shotkit. I love camera gear!
Now you know a little about me, I’d love to hear about you and your wedding plans! Click here to find out more about my wedding photography collections.